Monday, April 20, 2009

Boiling Bottles

Accidents happen. That's what I keep telling Zach. Last Wednesday was a busy day; I had a closing to be at, we were meeting friends at the park, running errands .. ya know busy. Multi-tasking is like second nature to moms so as I was getting myself dressed, as well as Annie and Mac, I was gathering things and also boiling some bottles on the stove. I left the house at 10 and did not return until 1:30 ... I returned to toxic plastic smoke pouring out of my front door -- I had boiled the bottles into oblivion!! I ran inside and flipped off the burner, thankful at least my whole house wasn't up in flames. That was last Wednesday. It is Monday a week later and our house is still being treated for smoke damage... we are hoping to move back in soon ... this would only happen to me .... ugh

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

that's sucks! AND you had to move out for a few days!? whew. at least it's a funny story you'll be able to share with the kids one day. "mommy was so concerned about you having sterilized bottles to drink out of, that i almost burnt the house down." it's not funny but it's so cute!!!

The Stewart Family said...

hahahahahahaha!!! hope that you make it back in soon!