Friday, July 2, 2010

Another ramblings post ...

So my weeks activities are random at this point in life mix some pool time with kids, dinner with college roommates, invitation addressing for an engaged friend, book reading to my book obsessed 1 year old, couponing with my sister, movie watching with my currently buzz and woody obsessed 2 year old, goofing off with the hubs and round it out with some power hour step with friends. Makes for a fun week right? I think so:) However, I admit lost in the mix sometimes is my quiet time with the Lord(although I throw up completely desperate prayers during the day for example when my child has an accident in chic fil a and I am stuck without a diaper or change of clothes and yes he even listens to those prayers and sends diaper angels like linds mig to save me) so I wanted to share some words to an old hymn that I have always held dear. This hymn and I crossed pathes in college and I have a forever love for this verse ..

I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear,
Falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.
And He walks with me,
And He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own.
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None has ever known.

This is how I am feelings these days no matter what random things I am walking through in a week whether good or bad the Lord is walking with me and I feel it ... really I do. And what I really love about this hymn is the part about no one knowing the joy we are sharing and it's true Jesus and I have a relationship thats unique .. our walk is our very own and has a cool gait to it .... :)

No comments: